Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!!!

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve. We picked up Shawn's mom from the Atlanta Airport - it was exciting! As I reflect on a New Year, I can't help to think how blessed I was in 2008. The Lord has been so generous to me and my family and I am deeply grateful for all of you who helped bless our lives.

As the New Year is now under way, I hope you all have a chance to take the opportunity to make goals and start taking the steps to acheive them. As for us - we are starting our goals on January 13th. We figure that is the time most people have failed at their New Year's Resolutions, so why start now?

Just Kidding...really, we are leaving Saturday for our cruise, Shawn's parents will be in town until the 12th and we still want to party like it's 1999!! ha,ha.

Have a great 2009 and we look forward to keeping up with everyone! Thanks for being such great family and friends!!

5 comments:

Southern Belle said...

Way to go on setting goals. I am still working on mine. Have fun on your vacation!!

Natalie said...

1999... that was a world ago... and yet... really?! 10 years?! Anyway, I'm jealous of that cruise. Have a fabulous time! You guys sure deserve a break!

Natalie said...

PS What do you use (site?) for your background? I need to change mine.

Shannon said...

Have a great time on your cruise! Like Natalie I am jealous. Enjoy the warm weather I am dreaming about. A week with no kids, warm weather, and my husband sounds Fabulous! I would say good book but I might get in trouble. Ha-ha!

emilyring said...

1999 that year started bad got worse but ended the best. ;)

We've had almost a foot of snow here at the condos which is slowly melting. Someone built a 6 ft snowman that has toppled over now. ;)

I want winter over now. I don't like snow at all. I live in the wrong state. ;)

I hope you and Shawn enjoy the cruise. I'm real jealous.