Monday, August 20, 2012

Welcome Home Mom & Dad (part 1)

As I mentioned in my previous post, we went to Utah to welcome my parents home from the Vladivostok Russia Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They served an honorable and dedicated mission for 3 years. We were fortunate enough to meet some of the couples and missionaries they served with and know that Mom and Dad were taken care of, loved, and did an awesome job. It was such a blessing for our family, to have them serve....but we are so excited they are home too! Here we are, in two spread out groups, waiting for them to come off the plane. It was a long wait!!

They had barely stepped off the escalator when someone yelled, "Ok kids - go get 'em!"  That was so fun to watch most of the grand-kids run as fast as they could to get a hug from Grandma and Grandpa!

My mom is hiding in all the pictures - but she is there, being tacked with hugs!!

We had such a crazy and fun-filled first 10 days.  Most of my mom's side of the family came into town.  We were able to get lots of pictures and play with lots of cousins!  Here are the Pratt Family Pictures we took.  I think they turned out great!

Mom and Dad!
Pratt Family - July 2012.  We are all here - 28 total, with two on the way. 
Pratt Grandchildren.  The girls used to outnumber the boys.  Summer and I are both having boys - so the numbers will almost be even 9 vs. 8.
The Siblings
The Siblings with our spouses.  We need a good girl for Tyson....any takers?
We spent the first week together with all of my aunts, uncles and cousins.  Enjoying family picnics, the forth of July parade and fireworks, playing games and just being together.  Here is most of the Nicholls Family together at the park.  Unfortunately, my mom and dad had walked across the street and missed out on the photo.  We're also missing a cousin from Arizona, Texas, and California - as well as 2 missionaries.  But hey - it's the best we could do!  It's was great!
Here are all of my cousins with my grandma (minus the 5 I mentioned!)
We had such a great time.  The girls had so much fun playing with all of their cousins.  More pictures and details to come.  I am so grateful for my family!!  At moments, it's so hard to live so far away, but when we get together, it's as if we've always been around.  (Yes Jared, we've been gone for 4 years, not 2!)  I'm so grateful for everyone for hosting us and being so awesome!  We love you all!!

2 comments:

lillie said...

I love the pic of your parents and all the grandkids. That is so special that you guys got to be there.

Katie said...

Uh, I totally cried reading that hahahah, and I am NOT pregnant! Cute cute pictures!!!!! I love your family too!!! Even though we only see you like once every 5 years it's as if we've always been close. :) I'm so glad they're back and that you got to spend so much time with everyone!!!! Now the countdown begins for your little man to arrive!!