Friday, February 4, 2011

More sewing fun!

I made this dress/jumper last August.  It was the first thing I made from a pattern and I had a lot of help from different sisters in my ward.  It was a great learning experience.  However, it ended up being way too big for the girls.

Then, I cut out the skirt in October.

Yesterday....I finally sewed the skirt together.  I think it turned out so cute and I was glad that I could sew something in just over 4 hours (the girls were with a playgroup swap for 3 of those hours.)  It was nice to have some alone time and nice to accomplish and complete something!  The best thing about these....I got material from a sister in our ward who was "cleaning out" and didn't want it.  SCORE!

I'll post pictures of the girls sporting their new outfits, when they wear them on Sunday.  They are sooooo excited and ask me, "Is today Sunday?"

(Thanks for reading all the other posts before this.  I take pictures with good intentions to share them, and finally have.  My computer was uploading really fast today, which always helps!)

We live such a great and blessed life!!

3 comments:

Grandma Tii said...

cute projects...I'm way impressed with your sewing. I knew you could do more than hotpads and a wind sock!

CJ said...

Those turned out so cute! I am super impressed!

Pratt Fam said...

Way to go Molly!!!