A month and a half or so ago, some sisters in our ward offered to teach a basic sewing class. I was very interested and excited to learn how to follow a pattern and well, the basics of sewing.
Today, I finally finished my first project, using a pattern. Another sister in our ward was giving away material, and so the total cost of this dress was $1 - the cost of the pattern. It is too big for the girls at the moment - but will be fun for them to grow into. They are already fighting over who's dress it is. I do have enough material left over to make a skirt - so they can match, but not be twins.Since I had the pink thread in the machine, I decided to make another burp cloth. I had bought this material for a receiving blanket for baby, but didn't like how it washed up - so I made burp clothes instead. I must say, my skills are improving - most of my lines are straight on this one! :)
Thanks to all who have been patient in my learning - very helpful sisters!!